Information for Graduate Students
In addition to addressing the important topics of sexual assault, harassment, and relationship violence, MIT is also committed to advancing a respectful and caring community that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion and empowers everyone to learn and do their best. MIT embraces a welcoming and inclusive campus culture – and building that culture is our responsibility as members of the MIT community. MIT offers Diversity, Equity, Inclusion: Stud Pt 1 (DEI), an online training that starts with common understanding of terms, learning to identify unconscious bias, and knowing what resources we have available at MIT.
This course is required for all new, incoming graduate students. Part 1 of this online program will open on Monday, June 15 and should be completed by Monday, July 27. The course will take approximately 45 minutes to complete. You may complete it in multiple sittings. You will be prompted to complete the brief Part 2 of the program in October. Incoming students who fail to complete this program will be subject to a registration hold in the following Spring term.
For more information about addressing issues of diversity, equity and inclusion, please see the resources provided by the Institute Community and Equity Office (ICEO) site.
If you have any issues accessing this course or questions about it, please email email@example.com.
Instructions to Access Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Online Module
- Follow this link to the MIT Atlas Learning Center;
- You will be prompted to log in with your MIT Kerberos ID and password. You must have created your Kerberos ID to complete this course. Find out how here;
- Click on the “Students: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion”, on the “My Training Needs” tab
- Within the Students: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion course description page, click the “Begin Course” button located at the bottom.
- Log into MIT Atlas with your Kerberos ID;
- Click “Learning Center” from the menu (seen here on right);
- You will see either “Students: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion” course listed under your required courses on the “My Training Needs” tab;
- Within the “Students: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion” course description page, click the “Begin Course” button located at the bottom.
- Follow this link to the MIT Atlas Learning Center.