The Graduate Student of Color Advisory Council (GSOC-AC) is a broadly representative group convening underrepresented graduate students of color to provide space for more honest, open, and direct action centering diversity, equity, inclusion, access, and social justice.
- Create synergy between MIT community and the collective voice of underrepresented graduate students of color focused on creating non-exploitative, real, and actionable solutions to foster a better MIT.
- Harness our collective wisdom to inform the MIT administration and affiliates of the issues important to underrepresented graduate students of color and how to better serve and communicate with our community more effectively.
- Connect underrepresented graduate students of color who are passionate about co-creating a community where we feel welcomed, seen, heard, respected, and valued at MIT.
- Cultivate the mens, manus, et cor (mind, hand, and heart) of our community as outlined in MIT’s mission by “providing its students with an education that combines rigorous academic study and the excitement of discovery with the support and intellectual stimulation of a diverse campus community.”
Affiliated graduate student organizations
- Academy of Courageous Minority Engineers (ACME)
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES)
- Black Graduate Student Association (BGSA)
- Graduate Student Council Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee (GSC DEI)
- Latinx Graduate Student Association
- School of Engineering (SoE)
- Sloan School of Management
- [Course 5] Chemistry Alliance for Diversity and Inclusion (CADI)
- [Course 11] Student of Color Coalition (DUSP SCC)
- [Course 16] AeroAfro
- [HST] Student Diversity Ambassadors
Please email email@example.com.