Office of Graduate Education -


Find forms for late Add/Drop/Change, general petitions, nonresident status, medical leave, childbirth accommodation, etc.

Get support

GradSupport provides one-on-one support for personal concerns including faculty/student relationships, changing your advisor, and excused absences.

Financial assistance

Emergency funding, Grant for Grad Students with Children, Guaranteed Transitional Support, Long-Term Financial Hardship Funding, and more

Application fee waivers

Find eligibility requirements and instructions.

Seeking faculty mentors for 2024 MSRP

In the Spotlight

Seeking faculty mentors for 2024 MSRP

For over 38 years, MSRP has inspired and cultivated the next generation of talented undergraduate scholars across the nation whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in graduate education. Many of the participating interns already have a solid foundation in research; faculty mentors have the opportunity to guide an undergraduate in honing their skills while exploring whether MIT aligns with their future educational aspirations.

Please indicate your interest by December 15, 2023

From the Blog

A friendly neighborhood elder’s guide to enjoying your program

The second week of classes, I was hanging out with some people in my cohort in the student lounge, when the topic of siblings came up. “Do you have a sibling?” “Yes.” “Are you the oldest?” When I shook my head, their eyes widened in shock. By the way I carried myself and what I […]

See all articles