MIT is committed to advancing a respectful and caring community that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion and empowers everyone to learn and do their best. MIT embraces a welcoming and inclusive campus culture – and building that culture is our responsibility as members of the MIT community.
To help further this end, MIT offers Diversity, Equity, Inclusion: Stud Pt 1 (DEI), an online training that starts with common understanding of terms, learning to identify unconscious bias, and knowing what resources we have available at MIT.
This course is required for all new, incoming graduate students, who will receive direct communication with links and deadlines. Incoming students complete Part 1 of this online program in the summer prior to starting classes. The course will take approximately 45 minutes to complete. It may be completed in multiple sittings. Incoming students will be prompted to complete the brief Part 2 of the program in October. Those students who fail to complete this program will be subject to a registration hold in the following Spring term.
For more information about addressing issues of diversity, equity and inclusion, please see the resources provided by the Institute Community and Equity Office (ICEO) site.
If you have any issues accessing this course or questions about it, please email email@example.com.
Instructions to access the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) online module
- Follow this link to the MIT Atlas Learning Center;
- You will be prompted to log in with your MIT Kerberos ID and password. You must have created your Kerberos ID to complete this course. Find out how here;
- Click on the “Students: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion”, on the “My Training Needs” tab
- Within the Students: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion course description page, click the “Begin Course” button located at the bottom.
Part 1 will be available mid-June.
- Log into MIT Atlas with your Kerberos ID;
- Click “Learning Center” from the menu (seen here on right);
- You will see either “Students: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion” course listed under your required courses on the “My Training Needs” tab;
- Within the “Students: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion” course description page, click the “Begin Course” button located at the bottom.
- Follow this link to the MIT Atlas Learning Center.