The 7,200 graduate students at MIT are one of the most talented scholarly cohorts in the world. Their educational experiences on campus go beyond just research.
We are excited that you are considering becoming part of the community. Below, please find links to information about life, learning, and research at MIT. These materials were initially compiled for MIT Visit Days.
Additional, specific resources are also available for prospective students from diverse backgrounds and identities.
Medical, health & wellness benefits
Graduate student families
- Resources for graduate families, including the Grant for Graduate Students with Children and childbirth accommodation and parental leave information.
- Additional considerations and information
- Members of the MIT community also have access to ask.mit.edu
Just for international students
Professional & career development
Diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Clubs and organizations roster (Engage.MIT.edu)
- MIT Athletics
- Club sports and intramural sports
- MIT Hobby Shop
- Leadership programs
- Institute events calendar
Life at MIT & living in Cambridge/Boston
The Grad Blog is a great resource where graduate students share their stories about navigating their time at MIT, including some financial aspects: