Here are a few ways to practice respectful behavior in the 2022 Incoming Graduate Students Slack channels:
- Be considerate, kind, constructive, and helpful.
- Welcome new members to the community.
- Introduce yourself to the group so everyone can get to know each other.
- Avoid demeaning, discriminatory, harassing, or hateful behavior, language, and imagery.
- Ask questions to the whole group. Other students can benefit from public knowledge.
- No question is too small or too “obvious” to ask.
- If your message contains multiple questions, especially if they are not closely related, break them into separate messages so they can be responded to in a thread.
- Do your best to avoid repeated messages/posts and over-tagging.
- Make posts in the relevant channels so that others can easily find related information.
- Help others by answering questions that you are knowledgeable in.
- Do not direct message individuals who have explicitly asked you not to.
- Refrain from self-promotions or solicitations.
- If you’re not sure about something in the slack, want to request a channel, or would like to report a concern, contact the administrators. We’re here to help you navigate the Slack space and welcome suggestions to improve our space. You can contact the Slack Administrators via direct message or email.
Slack guidelines were developed by the GradDiversity team.