Leaders for Global Operations
Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- GRE or GMAT score required
- Institute code: 3514 (Engineering)
- Institute code: 3791 (Management)
Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT)
- GMAT or GRE score required
- Department code: X5X-QS-41
TOEFL or IELTS English proficiency exams
- TOEFL/IELTS only required for candidates applying in Round 2 via the Aeronautics/Astronautics department application page
- Data Analysis & Analytics
- Energy & Sustainability
- Manufacturing / Lean Optimization
- Product Design & Development
- Robotics & Automation
- Supply Chain Management
- Systems Optimization
All students admitted into LGO, who are not sponsored, are awarded a generous fellowship and considered for additional scholarship funds.
Applicants find out their LGO financial aid awards at the same time as our admissions decisions. There are no extra applications for the LGO fellowships and scholarships. MIT LGO reviews applicants without regard to financial circumstances. For more information, please see the LGO website.
- Online application
- Statement of objectives
- Three letters of recommendation
- 1-minute video introduction
- GMAT or GRE scores (based on application)
- Cover letter
The LGO program awards a dual-degree MBA & SM in an engineering field. Applicants apply with one application, through MIT Sloan’s application system. For candidates interested in Aeronautics/Astronautics, applicants can also apply through the Aeronautics/Astronautics department’s application page.
Application Fee Waiver:
You may be eligible for a fee waiver if any of the following apply:
- LGO Alumna/Alumnus Referral
- Current Teach for America Members or Alumni
- Veteran or Active Duty U.S. Military Personnel
- Paying the application fee will result in insurmountable financial hardship
In addition to the list above, attendees of some recruitment events and conferences where MIT Sloan/LGO is present may qualify for an application fee waiver. If you are in attendance at one of these events, you will be notified at the conclusion of the event and the payment section of your application will reflect the waiver automatically. You do NOT need to submit a request through the form.