Civil and Environmental Engineering
CEE will no longer require the GRE scores for admissions decisions.
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Minimum score required: 7.5
- Electronic scores send to: MIT Graduate Admissions
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Minimum score required: 100 (iBT) 600 (PBT)
- Institute code: 3514
- Department code: 65 or 46
Waivers are not offered.
- Environmental Chemistry
- Environmental Fluid Mechanics
- Ecology and Evolution
- Climate, Environment and Sustainability (MEng)
- Hydrology and Hydroclimatology
- Materials, Structures and Geomechanics
- Structural Mechanics and Design (MEng)
- Systems Engineering, including Networks and Transportation
Graduate student funding varies depending on the degree to which you apply. All students admitted to the SM/PhD track receive Research Assistantships (RA) or Fellowships, depending on availability of such funds. This funding includes paid tuition and health insurance, and a monthly stipend. All students pursuing a Ph.D. in CEE must have secured funding. For more information, please see the CEE website.
- Online application
- Statement of Objectives that addresses experience and purpose as well as an example of technical work
- Three letters of recommendation
- English proficiency exam scores
- CV or resume
- Abstracts of published articles
- Conference presentations
Applicants should not send any additional supplemental material.