Urban Studies and Planning
Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- GRE scores are not required nor accepted for the MCP and SM programs.
- GRE scores are optional for the PhD program.
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Minimum score required: 7
- Electronic scores send to: MIT Graduate Admissions
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Minimum score required: 100 (iBT) 600 (PBT)
- Institute code: 3514
- Department code: 97
Waivers may be offered to applicants who meet certain eligibility criteria; please see the DUSP FAQ for more details.
- City Design & Development
- Environmental Policy & Planning
- Housing Community & Economic Development
- International Development Group
- Urban Information Systems
- Online application
- Statement of objectives
- Three letters of recommendation
- English proficiency exam scores
- CV or Resume
- Design portfolio
- Writing sample