Computational and Systems Biology
Fall Term (September)
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required.
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Minimum score required: 7
- Electronic scores send to: MIT Graduate Admissions
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Minimum score required: 100 (iBT) 600 (PBT)
- Institute code: 3514
- Department code: 99
Waivers of IELTS/TOEFL may be available.
*IELTS Indicator Test also accepted.
- Behavioral Genetics and Genomics
- Bioengineering and Neuroengineering
- Quantitative Imaging
- Biological Networks and Machine Learning
- Cancer Systems Biology
- Cellular Biophysics
- Chemical Biology and Metabolomics
- Evolutionary and Computational Biology
- Microbiology and Systems Ecology
- Single Cell Manipulations and Measurement
- Molecular Biophysics and Structural Biology
- Precision Medicine and Medical Genomics
- Regulatory Genomics and Proteomics
- Stem Cell and Developmental Systems Biology
- Synthetic Biology and Biological Design
All CSB students are fully supported until they complete all the requirements of the PhD program. This support may come from sources such as a NIH T32 Training Grant; federally-sponsored fellowships from the NSF, DOD, DOD NDSEG, and DOE CSGF; and fellowships and awards from international organizations. Please see the CSB website for more information.
- Online application
- Statement of objectives
- Three letters of recommendation
- English proficiency exam scores
Applicants are not required to complete the Subjects Taken page. All other sections are required. We generally do not review CVs, as information can be included in your online application.