Seven staff members honored for their dedication to the School of Science and to the Institute.
School of Science
Since 2001, the MIT School of Science has awarded Infinite Mile Awards to staff members who go the extra mile to make the Institute a better place. Nominated by their colleagues, the winners receive a monetary award and are invited to attend a celebratory event with family, friends, nominators, and recipients of the Infinite Expansion Award.
The following are the 2023 School of Science Infinite Mile winners:
- Farrah Belizaire, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice program officer in the Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, nominated by Tristan Davies and Laura Schulz;
- Marisa LaFleur, Institute for Artificial Intelligence and Fundamental Interactions project manager in the Laboratory for Nuclear Science, nominated by Jesse Thaler and Mike Williams;
- Cindy Li, autism research coordinator in the Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences and McGovern Institute for Brain Research, nominated by Annie Cardinaux, John Gabrieli, and Pawan Sinha;
- Debbie Meinbresse, program coordinator in the MIT Kavli Institute for Astrophysics and Space Research, nominated by Sarah Costello, Jack Defandorf, Julia Keller, Shannon McGinnes, George Ricker, Andrew Vanderburg, Erin Kara, and Kiyoshi Masui;
- Julianne Ormerod, academic program coordinator in the Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, nominated by Sierra Vallin;
- Jamie Wiley, senior administrative assistant in the Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, nominated by Tristan Davies and Jill Davidson; and
- Dakota Wyne, financial administrator in the Department of Physics, nominated by Matt Cubstead.