Collectively, over 1,000 attendees took part in 15 events, 2 giveaways, 1 raffle, and a photo contest for the OGE's official 9th annual Graduate Student Appreciation Week calendar.
After 2022’s successful in-person and virtual roster, the 9th annual Graduate & Professional Students Appreciation Week (GSAW) provided primarily in-person events and giveaways from April 3-7, 2023. Led by the Office of Graduate Education (OGE), the weeklong celebration thanks graduate and professional students for their incredible contributions to MIT.
The week featured 15 events, 2 giveaways, 1 raffle, and a photo contest on the official OGE calendar, organized in partnership with sponsor offices including the Office of the Chancellor, MIT Spouses & Partners Connect, Community Wellness, the International Students Office, and Career Advising and Professional Development. In addition, many departments held events for their students.
Collectively, over 1,000 attendees took part in the central events, which ranged from planting one’s own “Lucky Bamboo” to chair massages to a GradSupport open house with free lunches. The first-ever GSAW photo contest received 68 entries from 36 students, and you can take a look at the winning images below. These students took home TechCash prizes for their creations:
- People’s choice: “Chairing” by Alexa Z.
- That’s so MIT: “Framing ‘Almost’ Golden Hour” by Juanita H.
- Seen off-campus: “take me dancing” by Glenn L.
- Grad life “art photography”: “MIT Dome star trails in ultraviolet, visible, and infrared” by Evan K.
- Joy: “Labmates Unleashed: A Night of Science, Stairs, and Stellar Vibes!” by Sharut G.
Thanks to everyone who helped make the week a success!