Reference this page for log-in instructions and to see frequently asked questions about the Sexual Assault Prevention-Grad Pt 1 & Pt 2 course.
- Follow this link to the MIT Learning Center in Atlas;
- You will be prompted to log in with your MIT Kerberos ID and password. You must have created your Kerberos ID to complete this course. Find out how here;
- Click on the Required training Sexual Assault Prevention: Grad Pt 1 or Pt 2 on the “My Training Needs” tab
- Within the Sexual Assault Prevention: Grad course description page, click the “Begin Course” button located at the bottom.
- Log into Atlas with your Kerberos ID;
- Click “Learning Center” from the menu (seen here on right);
- You will see Sexual Assault Prevention: Grad Pt 1 or Pt 2 course listed under your required courses on the “My Training Needs” tab;
- Within Sexual Assault Prevention: Grad course description page, click the “Begin Course” button located at the bottom.
- Follow this link to the MIT Learning Center in Atlas.
Frequently Asked Questions for Fall 2020:
When will I be able to access the training?
For Graduate Students, the course will be available on June 15th, 2020.
By when should I complete this training?
For graduate students, the Part 1 of the SAP-G training should be completed July 27th, 2020.
Graduate students, please note that you will be subject to a registration hold on your account if you do not complete Part 1 of this program, and you will be unable to register for Spring 2021 classes until you complete it.
Why am I required to take this training?
MIT is committed to working with all students to create a healthy and vibrant campus community. One aspect of this is to confront the important topics of sexual assault, harassment and relationship violence. As a part of this ongoing effort, we have partnered with EverFi to offer a Sexual Assault Prevention course customized to meet the needs and graduate students. It allows you to become familiar with MIT policies and resources while also providing training on critical prevention skills and strategies.
What if I have personal concerns about taking this training?
If you feel that taking this training would be difficult, please feel free to contact Bianca Kaushal at email@example.com to discuss other options.
What if I have already taken a version of this training at MIT?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What if I have already taken a course like this at another school as part of my graduate degree requirements?
Students that are concurrently enrolled at another university may qualify for an exception. Contact email@example.com for more information.
How long does it take to complete this training?
Sexual Assault Prevention-Graduates Students takes approximately 1 hour to complete. You may take it in multiple sittings.
How will MIT use the information I provide in this training?
All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students’ responses. Administrators will have access to student test scores, but like the surveys, will not have access to individual responses.
I have reached the “Conclusion” slide but the NEXT button is greyed-out. Am I done with the training?
Yes, if you have reached the “Conclusion” slide, you have completed Part 1. You should receive a completion email within 30 minutes. If that does not occur, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have completed the training but it is not showing up in the Atlas Learning Center as such. Why isn’t it showing up?
Because EverFi is an external vendor, it takes up to 30 minutes for the Learning Center system to be notified that new trainings have been completed. If you do not see a completion notice under the course after 30 minutes, email email@example.com.
When am I supposed to take Part 2 of this course?
Part 2 will be available to you in October of 2020 after the completion of Part 1. This is so that you have time to experience MIT in more depth before you retake the survey. The courses are designed to see what you know before you take them. The post-assessment in Part 2 checks your understanding after you have had time to process the material. This pre- and post-assessment helps MIT to determine if the courses are effective.
How do I access Part 2?
You will be emailed a link to Part 2 and it will be visible in the Learning Center under “My Training Needs” Click the “view course” link in the grey box to the right.
What if I have other questions?
If you have any additional questions regarding:
- technical issues with the course, please contact Everfi directly using their 24/7 help center by clicking the “Help” button in the course
- issues accessing the course via MIT Atlas Learning Center or concerns about taking the course or registration holds, email firstname.lastname@example.org.