I also want the family of MIT to be famous for how we treat people: Famous for sympathy, humility, decency, respect, and kindness.
– President Rafael Reif, MIT 2013 Commencement
The Office of Graduate Education invites you to share in an ongoing celebration of MIT faculty members who go above and beyond to make an impact in the lives of graduate students. The 2020 honorees are:
- Daron Acemoglu, Department of Economics;
- Alfredo Alexander-Katz, Department of Materials Science and Engineering;
- Kristin Bergmann, Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences;
- Kerri Cahoy, Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics;
- Catherine Drennan, departments of Biology and Chemistry;
- Colette Heald, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering;
- Caroline Jones, Department of Architecture;
- Jesse Kroll, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering;
- Gene-wei Li, Department of Biology;
- Anna Mikusheva, Department of Economics;
- Gigliola Staffilani, Department of Mathematics; and
- Lawrence Susskind, Department of Urban Studies and Planning.
Honorees are celebrated by pairs each month of the academic year though a broad poster campaign, MIT News articles, and profiles on this site. Find all profiles posted to date in the menu at left.
Criteria for selection for a “Committed to Caring” honor include:
- Impact. How has the nominee supported students? How deeply, and for what length of time?
- Reach. Who has the nominee reached?
- Excellence in scholarship. In addition to the nominee’s own academic excellence, how have they contributed to student academic and professional success?
- Diversity and inclusion. What contributions has the nominee made toward supporting all members of the community?