In response to the novel coronavirus, the Office of Graduate Education is open via remote access only from 9 am-5 pm, Monday through Friday. We welcome contact by:
Phone: (617) 253-4860
Accessing campus buildings
- Move-in and campus access for those living on campus
- Campus access: definition of “campus,” specifics for Covid Pass and One-time access
- Reserve classroom space for defenses and qualifying exams, etc (must be completed by a staff member)
- Studying remotely? Understand your options for health care coverage with SEIP.
- Going on a medical leave of absence for the fall? Don’t worry, you are still covered by your MIT health insurance. Important: you are responsible for paying the premiums in order to continue your coverage.
- What happens if someone in the MIT community tests positive for Covid-19 or may have been exposed? Scenarios are available in MIT COVID IFTTT (if this, then that).
- Loaner laptops and hotspots are available by request.
- If you are concerned about your advising situation, please contact GradSupport at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tips for difficult conversations about returning to campus
- Full grading policy for Fall term 2020
- Emergency Academic Regulations and Policies for Fall term 2020
- Graduate student financial assistance
- Guidance on remote student appointments (RAs, TAs, etc) performed outside the US (certificates required)
- Taking care of yourself and each other
- Tips for Supporting and Working with Students During the Covid-19 Environment: For MIT Faculty, Instructors, and Staff.
- Covid-19 Public Health Concern Report Form
- Academic continuity FAQs
- MIT Now: General updates and policy changes regarding academics and research.
OGE Procedural adjustments
- General Petitions may be scanned or photographed and submitted to Senior Associate Dean Blanche Staton via email at email@example.com.
- Special instructions for spring 2020 electronic thesis submission are described here.
- Thesis hold request forms should be signed by the student, then scanned or photographed and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cc: to the thesis supervisor for follow up approval, if an electronic signature cannot be obtained.
- Other updates to graduate procedures to allow flexibility in response to Covid-19 related needs will be posted here.
- Medical Leave of Absence information is available from email@example.com.
Other adjustments for graduate students
Students with an MIT ID are allowed to use all gated and non-gated lots free of charge.
Last updated on September 15, 2020.