MEng considerations

It is important to note that in the course of completing a Master of Engineering degree, the status of the individual student will change from undergraduate to graduate. Once a student is classified as a graduate student by the Institute, their eligibility for certain financial aid programs will also change.

The following conditions apply to graduate students:

  • U.S. citizens who are graduate students and who are enrolled at least half time, are eligible to apply for several types of Title IV federal loans. The interest rates, subsidy rules and origination fees may be different than those for undergraduate students.
  • It is important to note that graduate students are not eligible for MIT scholarship funds from Student Financial Services.
  • International students who are graduate students may apply for MIT Loans.

More information about graduate financial aid as well as instructions and application forms can be found at Student Financial Services.