The CONVERGE mission is to increase the presence of underrepresented and underserved students in MIT’s graduate programs. To achieve this goal, CONVERGE hosts a graduate school preview weekend on the MIT campus during the fall for select participants who will be strong applicants to MIT graduate programs.
CONVERGE will not be held in fall 2018, but will be on hiatus for a year as we evaluate and revamp the program.
MIT SCHOOLS & DEPARTMENTS
MIT offers over 35 graduate programs in five schools:
- School of Architecture and Planning
- School of Engineering*
- School of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences
- Sloan School of Management
- School of Science*
We encourage you to explore MIT’s programs, faculty, and research! If you are interested in visiting MIT, the Institute Events office has created useful information to help you plan your visit.
Department Events for Prospective Students: Many MIT departments host their own programs for prospective graduate students; these programs may be hosted on-campus or virtually and may be named differently – open house, preview day, etc. The OGE strongly encourages you to visit and attend events offered by departments.
Below are a few departments who have alerted the OGE of their events:
- Art, Culture and Technology: ACT Open House
- Media Arts and Sciences: Media Lab Open House
- Sloan School of Management: multiple events
- Urban Students and Planning: DUSP Open House
*IMPORTANT NOTE: CONVERGE does not admit students who are interested in the following three departments that participate in the MIT ACCESS program.
- Chemical Engineering
- Material Sciences and Engineering
PAST PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
- Significant interactions with MIT graduate students, administrators, and faculty
- Exposure to the academic and research facilities in the primary department of interest
- Insights and encouragement from current students and alumni/ae
- Opportunities to explore Boston and Cambridge
- MIT will provide food, lodging, and all reasonable travel expenses for guests invited to this weekend program
- Connects participants with MIT faculty, staff, and graduate students involved in the graduate school admissions process