Graduate Women @ MIT present their annual Leadership Conference April 5 – 9, 2021. Check out the great line-up of events all week! Some of the events have limited space, so register today.
- Mon 5th April, 12 PM to 1 PM: Science for Policy: Fireside chat with Dr. Maria Zuber Attend the Leadership Conference Keynote Session to hear directly from Dr. Maria Zuber, the first woman ever to lead a science department at MIT, the first to lead a NASA planetary mission, and the first to co-chair PCAST, on how science and policy can work together to inform decisions that affect society.Register here.
- Wed 7th April, 12 PM to 1 PM: Alumnae Panel: STEM Consulting at Exponent
In a panel/Q&A, four MIT PhD alumnae at various stages of their careers talk about taking leadership in their respective careers, developing leadership skills on their job as consultants, and traversing a transition from student-to-professional, especially during the pandemic. Register here.
- Wed 7th April, 5 PM to 6 PM: Graduate Womxn Networking + Conversations
One of the most powerful takeaways from graduate studies at MIT is your network of fellow students. We invite you to join energizing conversations with fellow graduate students over subsidized dinner to make meaningful connections! Register here.
- Thu 8th April, 12 PM to 1 PM: Build Your Network
Strong relationships are the key to fulfilling and successful careers. Dani Shulz, Margaret T. Fuller, and Neetu Bhatia give advice on (and answer questions about) building your network of mentors and cheerleaders in industry, academia, and entrepreneurship. Register here.
- Thu 8th April, 7 PM to 8 PM: Building Healthy Workplaces
This interactive session, in collaboration with Healthy Masculinities, discusses how to build happy and constructive workplaces in which everyone can thrive. Bring a friend, labmate, or partner — men are especially welcome to attend! Register here.
- Fri 9th April, 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM: Path to Professorship
Professors Karen Zheng (Sloan) and Katie Galloway (ChemE) demystify the path to professorship: how to build a successful career in academia, find mentors and collaborators, and manage time.Register here.