Distinctive brain pattern may underlie dyslexia

January 11, 2017

A distinctive neural signature found in the brains of people with dyslexia may explain why these individuals have difficulty learning to read, according to a new study from MIT neuroscientists. The researchers discovered that in people with dyslexia, the brain has a diminished ability to acclimate to a repeated input — a trait known as neural adaptation. For example, when dyslexic students see the same word repeatedly, brain regions involved in reading do not show the same adaptation seen in typical readers. Former MIT graduate student Tyler Perrachione, who is now an assistant professor at Boston University, is the lead author of the study, which appears in the Dec. 21 issue of Neuron. Read more at MIT News.

One thought on “Distinctive brain pattern may underlie dyslexia

1. I am working at the school in Turkey. I have a students and one of them is have dyslexia. So I researching dyslexia materials and I found a document about university of MIT.. That documents about your online education. And finally I found this page. Just I wanna look yoru working.