To honor the inspiring contributions of our friends and colleagues across campus, submit a nomination for the 2016 MIT Awards, a suite of about 30 awards that recognize excellence in academics, teaching, the arts, athletics, leadership, entrepreneurship, community building and public service. Graduate student related awards include:
- Edward L. Horton Fellowship Award – presented to any student group that fosters fellowship within the graduate student community
- Frank E. Perkins Award – given to a professor who has served as an excellent advisor and mentor for graduate students
- Goodwin Medal – presented to a graduate student whose performance of teaching duties is “conspicuously effective over and above ordinary excellence”
- Graduate Student Council Teaching Awards – given to one professor or teaching assistant from each school, for excellence in teaching a graduate level course
- Priscilla King Gray Award – recognizes graduate students who are committed to public service
The deadline to submit a nomination is Monday, March 14, 2016.