Path of Professorship is a 1.5 day workshop that provides women who are considering academic careers in science, technology, engineering and math with insights, tools, strategies and insider information that will help them to be successful in their job search and on the tenure track. Over the course of the workshop, participants will hear from more than 20 extraordinary women faculty from diverse institutions, and they will have an opportunity to network with approximately 70 women with similar aspirations. Preference is given to graduate students who are within 2 years of degree completion. Applications for the workshop are due by October 15, 2015 and the workshop will take place on Friday, November 20th, and Saturday, November 21. Visit this site for more information and to apply to the workshop.
- Key strategies for applying and interviewing for academic positions
- The importance of networking and how to manage networking with peers and superiors
- Insights from deans and department chairs about what to negotiate for once you have the offer
- Advice from faculty on things you can do now and during your hire to make your tenure-track years as smooth and successful as possible
- Characteristics of different types of universities
- Advice on maintaining a balanced life, in light of the rigorous demands of a career in academia
Note: materials and meals will be provided