The Consulting Club at MIT (CCM) and the Harvard Graduate Consulting Club (HGCC) are pleased to announce the 2013 Harvard-MIT Case Competition, which will be held on August 13th-23rd. The MIT vs. Harvard Case Competition is a great way to learn about consulting, to get experience working in teams and exposure to real business problems, and network with consultants and other students across Harvard and MIT. During the competition, teams of participants will work together over 11 days to crack a real business problem and prepare for a presentation to a panel of judges from various top consulting firms. Throughout the competition, you will be mentored by consultants and industry experts, who will help you structure the case, find the needed resources, obtain industry specific insights, and cover other areas pertinent to the case. You may also find the feedback provided by judges to be helpful for you to hone your case solving skills.
You do NOT need to register as a team; teams will be formed by the organizing committee. Spots are limited to 80 participants (40 from MIT and 40 from Harvard), so we will unfortunately not be able to accommodate all applicants. Please note once you’re selected, you should be able to participate in ALL THE 4 SESSIONS on August 13th, 16th, 20th, and 23th, as well as ACTIVELY contribute to your team.
Please note that the submission of your resume is REQUIRED for admission to the case competition.
- MIT or Harvard Graduate Student or Postdoctoral Fellow.
- Enrolled in a PhD, JD, MD, or Non-MBA Masters program at MIT or Harvard.
- Employed as a Postdoctoral Fellow at MIT or Harvard.
- Interest in management consulting; however, business background is not required.
- All non-MBA disciplines are welcomed to apply.
- Women and underrepresented minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Kickoff session: August 13th (Tuesday), 2-6PM, at MIT
- Consultant Mentoring Session: August 16th (Friday), 2-5PM, at Harvard/MIT
- Industry Mentoring Session: August 20th (Tuesday), 2-5PM, at MIT
- Semi-Final and Final: August 23rd (Friday), 9AM-5PM, at Harvard
- Explore career path in management consulting field.
- Challenge yourself with real-world business problems.
- Gain team experience and network with consulting experts.
- Total cash rewards for winning teams are $1500 this year.