The Graduate Student Council Nominations Board is accepting applications from Grad Student Representatives for the Working Group on International Support. Members of the Working Group on International Student Support will participate in various efforts to help identify and address the specialized support needs of MIT’s growing international student population. Tasks will include:
- Review of ODGE needs assessment data analysis and relevant Quality of Life Survey data;
- Outreach to relevant campus stakeholders;
- Collation of a list of available support programs and support structures;
- Exchange of best practices, for example, in creating a welcoming climate for international students, cultural sensitivity in communications, etc.;
- Discussion of the most appropriate types and providers of specialized support for international students;
- Discussion of organizational structure, staffing, resource needs, and coordination among units.
There will be monthly meetings once a month from July 2013 – December 2013 with a final report and recommendations sent to the Chancellor. The Working Group will be chaired by Graduate Dean Christine Ortiz. If interested, please send a brief cover letter and resume to the GSC Nominations Board as soon as possible. For questions or more information, please contact nominations board at firstname.lastname@example.org.