Mediation@MIT Offering Course in June: Applications due May 30

May 24, 2012

A training course in mediation will be open to MIT staff, faculty, students and affiliates in June. The workshop will help develop mediation skills and teach a structured conflict resolution process. Lectures will be followed by exercises, role plays and structured debriefings, which will develop expertise through practice and reflection. This training fosters skills that people use daily, whether it be in a dorm, office, student group or regular interactions.

The deadline for applications is May 30th. For costs or information on smaller workshop or direct mediation services, please visit the Mediation@MIT website, or email mediation@mit.edu.

Workshops will be held on:
Monday, June 18: 9am-5pm
Tuesday, June 19: 12:30-5:30pm
Wednesday, June 20: 12:30-5:30pm
Monday, June 25: 9am-5pm
Tuesday, June 26: 9am-5pm

One thought on “Mediation@MIT Offering Course in June: Applications due May 30

1. I want to take an “executive course” on mediation.
    A number of years ago I took Harvard Law’s “Negotiation” 2 week executive course.
    I am trained as a mediator in Canada ( Ontario). However, the Bar of Ontario and the justices took a different approach to mediation than, as I understand, Harvard and MIT view the field.
    From the website I cannot pin down if there is a course at MIT available to me, which rather “parallels” the 2 week executive course which I took at Harvard.
    I also took the training for “Partnering” given by the American Arbitration Assoc. I used that in conjunction with DDC ( Defence Construction Canada) and was good at it. However, in Canada it seems to have “gone out of fashion”, OR is being done “in-house. There was room for change in the form and my collegue and I offered subtle /yet relevant changes. (I think the field people appreciated our awareness, but not the federal civil service.)
    If a longer course is not available, would I be entitled to take the course sited above– June 18,19,20 and again 25 and 26th?
    Actually I assume that these dates may apply to 2016. Yet, I assume that this is an annual course and while the dates will vary, it will be little.